Linked Open Data for History-aware Cities (Master Project, Finished)
The GoFind! project of the DBIS research group of the University of Basel provides content-, location-, and time-based retrieval in historic multimedia collections on mobile devices. However, the system is so far limited to visual content. Additional descriptive information on locations, buildings, places, etc. and in particular semantic relationships in between are not currently supported.
The objective of this Master’s project is to prepare for the extension of GoFind! towards the consideration of linked open data for retrieval purposes. Therefore, this Master’s project will consist of the following activities:
- Development of tools for the continuous integration, especially for data sets that are subject to changes
- Harvesting of the found collections and the integration into one coherent data set
- Development of a graph data model that takes the semantics of the data set into account
- Identification of linked open data sources, preferably data related to the city of Basel that has the potential to extend GoFind!
- Optional: extension of the data model towards temporal aspects, i.e., to reflect the changes in the data over time (multi-version data management)
Start / End Dates
2019/04/01 - 2019/07/21